Protecting Your Yacht
Engine Protection for Inboards and Auxiliary engines
There are TWO different ways you can flush Salt-Away through your inboard engine:
Auxiliary engines may be flushed in a flush bag filled with Salt-Away solution.
Direct Injection Kit
The Salt-Attack Direct Injection Kit is designed for all moored Yachts with inboard/outboard motors to flush and protect your expensive marine engines without leaving the helm.
Salt-Away’s unique formula protects your engine’s cooling system even when using salt water
It protects all open and closed circuit salt water cooling systems by injecting a 50/50 mixture of Salt-Away and fresh water.
There are a number of different kit options available to suit your yachts set up, ranging from a single engine flush right up to twin engines and a gen sets plus air conditioning flush. We can also customise your kits to fit your exact set up.
The Salt-Attack Direct Injection Kit comes ready to install with wiring, tubing, quick connect fittings, designed to be drilled and tap into water strainer/water pump. Comes with easy to follow instruction manual.
The kit comes in two versions, wireless and non-wireless. Wireless model allows for easy installation and use as no wiring is needed forward of the motor as you control the unit remotely using the remote control supplied. Non-wireless kits come with 3 core wire and a rocker switch to be mounted at the helm.
The Salt-Attack Direct Injection Kit will connect to 12V power, and has an adjustable regulating valve. Once installed all you need to do is keep the reservoir topped up with Salt-Away concentrate and flush your engine for 30 seconds after every use.
A Direct Injection Kit will save you time and maintenance costs on your yachts motor(s).
Fresh water hose connected to water in-take line using Salt-Away Auto-Mix unit
- Attach a fresh water hose to the Salt-Attack mixer then connect hose and mixer to the engine cooling in-take pipe (before the water pump).
- Fill mixer cup with Salt-Away.
- Turn mixer unit to “rinse” setting and flush engine with fresh water for 5 minutes.
- Turn Salt-Attack mixer unit to “Salt-Away” setting and flush motor for 30-40 seconds. Turn engine off leaving the Salt-Away in the engine’s cooling system to protect the motor.
Exterior Wash-down – Yachts and Tenders
Don’t let salt corrosion damage you valuable yacht and tenders, Salt-Away is perfect for protecting your expensive toys from the corrosive action of Salt.
Salt-Away’s unique formula includes specially designed gortex corrosion inhibitors which continue to protect against corrosion after application. Salt-Away is safe on all surfaces including all metals, plastics, rubbers, fiberglass, fabric, vinyl and other materials.
Simply use Salt-Away in our mixer unit which attaches to garden hose for easy wash down.
- Fill mixer cup with Salt-Away.
- Attach the mixer to a garden spray nozzle.
- Turn the mixer to the ‘rinse’ setting and give salt covered surfaces a quick pre-rinse.
- Turn the mixer to ‘Salt-Away’ and spray a light coating of Salt-Away over these areas. Lightly scrub any areas that have fish grime etc
- Finally turn the mixer to ‘rinse’ and with a heavy spray rinse down all areas. For extra protection to metal surfaces turn mixer to ‘Salt-Away’ and recoat all metal areas such as winches, sails, capstans and chain and rope lockers. Don’t rinse off.
Salt-Away is safe on all wiring and electrical equipment.
- Pour 25ml Salt-Away concentrate into salt water toilets. Kills salt odours and removes blockages.
- Spraying off your sails and your sail covers will remove those salt crystals which eventually cut the threads causing expensive items to be replaced. Salt-Away will not deteriorate the fabric of your sails.
- Spraying Salt-Away on the glass panels will cause the salt to ‘sheet off’, which eliminates the danger of grinding the salt into the panel when hand-washing.
Flush Bag For auxiliary engines
Flush auxiliary engines in a flush bag filled with Salt-Away solution for 5mins. The Salt-Away solution can be reused for a couple of months if kept sealed.